On modern online casino sites you will not only find slot machines, but also video poker games. This term refers to a virtual card game based on online poker. The game is played as a simulation, i.e. against the computer.
A separate section of the casino directory is often dedicated to video poker. The game is offered in different variations, and professional players create entire video poker strategies to reduce the risks.
Casino with video poker
Video poker rules
The rules of online video poker largely depend on the version of the game you choose. They may vary slightly depending on the machine. However, the basic principles of video poker are similar:
- The simulation uses a deck of 52 cards, in some cases more if there are wild cards that play the role of jokers in the game;
- Players are dealt 5 cards each time, the value of which is determined by the GSC mechanism after the “Deal” button is pressed;
- By pressing the “Hold” button, the player selects which cards to keep; the remaining cards are discarded and replaced by others;
- The amount of the win depends on the poker hand drawn;
- The video poker strategy offers the possibility to play one or more cards;
- The game is played in two rounds: In the first round, the user chooses which cards to keep; in the second round, new cards are dealt and the final hand is formed;
The aim of the game is to get a higher hand than the virtual dealer. However, the value may vary slightly depending on the slot selected. Before starting the game, the user must read the detailed rules and play a few rounds of video poker for free. Payout rates may vary. One of the most profitable options for players is Progressive Video Poker for free.
The following hands are considered standard in video poker (from weakest to strongest):
- Pair – a combination of two cards of the same value;
- Two pairs – a combination of two pairs of cards with the same value;
- Set – a set of three cards of the same value;
- Suit – a hand consisting of five cards of the same value in a row;
- Flush – a set of cards of the same suit;
- Full House – a set of three cards of one suit and two cards of another suit;
- Four – a set of 4 cards of the same suit;
- Straight Flush – a combination of 5 cards of the same suit that follow each other;
- A Royal Flush is the highest winning combination of Ten, Jack, Queen, King and Ace;
In some cases, video poker has a double feature, sometimes called gamble. It is essentially a mini-game that allows you to double your winnings in that round by guessing the colour of the hole card.
Multi-hand video poker
Video poker online slots for real money offer one or more cards, depending on the option chosen. In practice, with multi-hand slots, the player participates in multiple distributions simultaneously. This increases the dynamics of the game enormously. In this case, the distribution for each hand takes place independently.
Video poker slots with multiple hands have only appeared relatively recently. However, they are very popular among users. There are different numbers of hands to choose from, usually 3, 5 or 10 hands, but in some cases there can be more, the number of hands can reach 100.
Video poker with player advantage
Video poker machines are very popular among players. These machines have a number of advantages over classic cylindrical machines. In roller simulators, the payout rate does not exceed 95-96%. Online video poker with the advantage of a player has a much higher rate – about 99% and in some cases even more:
- The profitability of Deuces Wild video poker slots is 100.76%;
- For Double Bonus, the rate of return is 100.17%;
- For the Double Double Bonus, the rate of return is 100.07%;
- The payback rate of Joker Poker – Kings or Better is 100.65%;
However, these profit margins only apply if the player follows an optimal video poker strategy.
Please note that the advantage in favour of the player does not guarantee a win.